Thursday, September 18, 2008

Tan in the YI 2

Whatsups my family! So i just went through and read all of the last post and heres what i got to say to them, 1st That picture of the family is freakin hilarious, but i still feel apart of it because of my creepy picture that is staring right at all of you all the time haha! 2nd your hanging out with matt now chel-c? thats kinda odd but hes a funny kid. 3rd You finally met Nich-o-las? its about time, hes huge huh?! and hes funny. i used to hang out and talk to him at random differnt events. 4th PIERCED EARS?! what is going on, i leave and my girls all grow up... and i think thats it for comments on the post. So now lets start with my life up here at the Y. Lets start with the most imporant part of my reason for being up here, school. I really really love all my classes so far, like no joke. My book of mormon mission prep one is my favorite, it makes me dig deep into the scriptures and really learn them, its awesome. It also makes me read some talks and stuff from general authoritys and they (despite my ignorance) have very interesting things to say. My next favorite class is my art class id say. Me and lindsey (a girl i sit next to in that class) sit there and talk or make fun of the good people cause we suck at drawing. (yes i found out i suck) My next favorites would be my social dance, my science class (had a great great lesson today about how relativly small we are in the universe, it was fascinating) and then my writing class than my developing world class. But so all in all i love my school classes. I dont get behind on homework, if i get some i do it right when i get home (i go to youtube and put on eighter my playlist on there or go check out chelseas, keep posting more videos chick i do watch them). So so far i havent had any stress just cause i take care of it quick.
So now for some funny storys. First, my apartment is so freakin/flippin ghetto is hilarious. My roomate was in the shower taking a shower and all of the sudden the roof starts pooring water from the shower above us. it was hilarious! he starts yelling and screaming and like gets out of the bathroom super fast. So then we go and put in a paper to get it fixed and all they do is come and drill out our ceiling. So were left with a huge hole in our ceiling that we can see into the bathroom above us and like talk to the people taking a shower ( i went in to go to the bathroom in the middle of the day and there was a guy in the bathroom above us that was singing at the top of his loves vunerable by secondhand serenade lol, random information) The shower is still not fixed today. Also our cable broke, our door wouldnt lock, the screen broke on the other room that im not staying in, the shower goes cold suddenly, the toaster smokes when you use it so the toast taste funny, and our kitchen is way freakin small. Those are my rants. Another good story was one night when i got home (whenever i get home all my roomates are always asleep) the toliet was clogged and it had a huge dookie in it. So i just held it and went to bed and then when i woke up the next morning my roomate byrant/taylor came up to me and asked me if that was me. I of course said no but he didnt believe me cause he had already asked ryan and coy earlier that morning and they both had said it was them. So we went through the whole day of playing mind games with the other roomates in trying to see who clogged the toliet! Finally, byrant comes out when we are all sitting on the couch and puts his arm to the square and promises on the book of mormon it was him. Me and ryan did likewise but when it got to coy, he went silent and all he could say was (i could find a plunger, i didnt know what to do) it was freakin hilarious and so now if anything goes wrong with anything or if we dont know who did what we always blame coy haha. Another story that has happened to me this week was i got my hometeaching assignments. I got the elders quorum president as my companion and if you guys knew him he is just really socially awkward. So we were told to go around and introduce ourselves to our home teaching people after church. My roomates went and did theres and were back in like 10 minutes so i was like, oh good that was quick. So then Aaron (elders quorum dude) get back from meetings and come and gets me and asks me if im ready to go introduce ourselves. I had just made mashed potatoes and so i thought, oh this will be quick ill just go do it. So we go to the first place, its an apartment from pineview. We stayed for like 8 minutes talking to them so i thought, hm that was a little long, nothing big. We go to the next apartment and its a girls apartment. The girls that we accualy hometaught werent there but we stayed and chatted withthere roomates for 10 mins. Still long and by now my mashed potatoes are defintetly cold at home. But than we go to the last place. Theyre there and guess how long we spent there? 1 hour and 15 minutes there!! just "introducing" ourselves!! an hour and fifteen minutes!! you could tell that the girls there wanted us to go at like 10 but no, aaron stays and talks and talks and talks....It was bad.
Well so thats my funny stories, as for everything else i still hang out with alex alot. We still go over to Sammi and Jodis apartment alot (me and jodi are justs friends now) Both of them makes us dinner like everyother night which is great. Alex and I have gotten into skateboarding alot now, its so much fun! I've gotten really good on my longboard too just because i have to use it everywhere i go. I dont hate my football fanatic roomates, in fact i love them! they are so funny! we laugh all the time when we are together. I did my first laundry the other day and my whites came out white so im greatful for that. Ramen, soup, cerel, toast a nd mashed potatoes are my regular food. Alex and I have an appointment to donate plasma for about 300 dollars a month for some extra money which im kinda nervous about but excited for the money. I dont know what i plan on doing for next semester yet wether i want to stay up here with a loan or go some place else, im just not sure yet. Well I'm loving life, Im hoping you all are too cause its wonderful. Read yours scriptures chelsea, they are awesome. Also keep your head up, youll make it through your freshman year and high school will fly by. (I can still remember when me and dad were hometeaching sis. Rusted and she told me the exact same thing. and i said well it isnt flying by fast enough)Keep bugging me about writing on the blog mom, ill keep calling you just to talk. Ashley, don't grow up to fast, or youll freak me out when i get home. Dad, hows the bishopless life treating you? Joe, i was freakin excited when i heard you were moving to utah! you gotta come up here and visit me. Well i think this is almost a book now and its only covered a week so i better go.
This is Tanner Signing out. Stay tuned for more Adventures of Tan in the YI!
Edit: Leave some comments on the posts, I like reading those!

5 comments:

Tan the Man said...

Bleep

Liz Applegate said...

Tanner, I was laughing my head off - although I gotta say, just be glad it wasn't the toilet that overflowed, like Janey's apartment.

Keep writing. It helps so I don't miss you so much.

How do you like your social dance class?

Tan the Man said...

Thats the class i always call you right before. Well the dance part is awesome, i love it. however we switch partners like every minute, no joke and so we never really get to know anyone. but we get to know everyone at the same time, so i guess its good

Ashey Babe said...

that's hilarious tan. can you like see into the shower or just the bathroom. well i love you tan keep writing bye

Hobo Jojo said...

haha dude sounds like your having a blast!!! Your making my jealous lol. How good are you getting at skateboarding??