Wednesday, October 29, 2008

A funeral and a solo....

As is typically the case, photography has seasons where things are crazy. So last week was one of those crazy times -- I did a wedding on Friday the 17th in Albuquerque and then over the course of the next week I did 5 more shoots with a Young Women in Excellence thrown in there. Consequently, I had well over 700 pictures to edit. I have been crazy with editing and so when Ashley came home and announced that she had a concert that night for Honor Choir I have to admit I was less than enthusiastic.

However, Chelsea, Dad and I (we even took Brooke with us) went over the college for her concert. Many of the songs I had already heard and loved. But as I listened to "Think on Me" one more time I realized this is the song I want sung at my funeral. So let it be written, Chelsea and Ashley are to sing "Think On Me" at my funeral -- and crying is no excuse (although I am afraid everyone might just say, "Ding dong, the witch is dead!" ).

Well I was a little miffed because the guy that was leading the choir was standing RIGHT in front of my little girl on the front row. However, right in the middle of the song, Ashley walked away from the rest of the group. "Oh know, Ashley go back. You are really going to embarrass yourself. Go back, go back." Then much to my excitement and righteous (?) pride, my little girl had a long 'ole solo. She did so well. She didn't even squeak or falter or sound embarrassed at all. Boy-o-boy! I was thrilled.

So that is what is going on at our house? What is going at yours?!

No comments: