Friday, November 21, 2008

Name them one by one...

So it happened - last Sunday I was released from the Primary after a 7 year stint. Wow! I have to actually talk to adults now. I am so sad. I loved my little kids and think of (most of) them as mine -- some of them I wouldn't own up to! (If you were my kids, I'd punish MYSELF*). I'm so thankful for the opportunity I have had to work with some of God's choicest. There were some very fine moments in there, including the time that Connor McPheeters answered the question of, "How does our church baptize differently than other churches?" with "We do baptism by ILLUSION". I just have visions of the baptizer baptizing the baptizee (?) and then stating, "And now for my next trick!". Anyway, I am thankful at this time for this opportunity to have served in the Primary.

I'm thankful also at this time for family. If I could be anywhere in the world it would be in my living room talking with my kids and family -- or in Mom's LR talking with my brothers and sisters. I include their kids in that scenario as I feel as close to them as I could. I love the nieces and nephews! I loved Wendy's quote she shared from President Monson which says, "But when we have sampled much and have wandered far and have seen how fleeting and sometimes superficial a lot of the world is, our gratitude grows for the privilege of being part of something we can count on -- home and family and the loyalty of loved ones" or the quote we have in our kitchen which says, "Having someone to love is family, having somewhere to go is home, having both is a blessing." Last night I had the opportunity to take the girls and a couple of the Holland girls to see the midnight showing of Twilight and although the movie was nowhere near as good as the book, it was just entertaining to watch the excitement of those around me. I thought Brooke was going to hyperventilate. I told her to be sure and write about this in her journal so when she gets older and has kids of her own, she will be able to relate to them when they go so crazy about something. I was glad to have children at home with which I could do this -- It was even fun to see JoJo there with his date (?) / family friend Tannith.

I am so grateful for the opportunity I have to help families preserve their "blessings" through photography. Things have finally slowed down just a bit for which I am grateful (another thing!) I love trying new things and have learned a ton but feel like I have SO far to go. I'm further than some and KNOW I am way behind others -- I'm just grateful for the journey. I am so excited for the chance to do our family pictures in Utah as I love nothing greater than to work with the pictures of those I love.

I am also grateful for my Savior and the peace it brings when I know I am on the right track. I watch others around me struggle with their testimony and feeling safe and I am grateful for the knowledge of what true happiness can be if I just do what HE has asked me to do. Now to just do it!

Life is good. Liz

*Little Rascals

No comments: